On the other side of the montain...

A nice try to keep you guys updated to the little things happening in my life. Hope to hear from you as well...

Name:
Location: Oslo, Norway

I am an adventurer. I'm happy to travel the world, taste exotic food and meet interesting people

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Translator job…

On Friday last week, I got a phone call from a woman in the communication department in Hydro telling me that they needed a translator for a meeting between members of the Norwegian and Mexican oil ministries. It is amazing that they could not find professional translators for this meeting but…anyway. I accepted and went for a two and a half hour meeting!

WOW! It was tiring. You have to be concentrated the whole time and try to memorize and repeat the ideas hoping to also keep the “mood” of what they said. Contrary to what I had thought, it was easier to translate when they were discussing and asking questions than when they were holding presentations with slides, as normally the written material is not exact to the spoken one. In addition, there were many legal terms that I don’t know but well, fortunately, the Mexican Ambassador was also there and she helped me out in those occasions…

It was an interesting meeting as they explained the whole organization of the Norwegian oil industry which I didn’t quite know…

Sorry, no pictures this time…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home