On the other side of the montain...

A nice try to keep you guys updated to the little things happening in my life. Hope to hear from you as well...

Name:
Location: Oslo, Norway

I am an adventurer. I'm happy to travel the world, taste exotic food and meet interesting people

Monday, August 11, 2008

Life as a dancer...

Last Tuesday started the swing in Aker Brygge. Well, the dance institute that I go to, organizes dance outdoors by the harbor in Oslo. The place is in the center and there is always a bunch of people because of the restaurants and well, because it is actually a very nice place. I went there and meet quite many known faces, both from the club and from Herräng (the dance camp) It was great! I was dancing two hours in a row. Anyway I was totally inspired and when I got home I checked for what other lindy /dancing events were happening. Well, it turned out that there was a two-week course on different types of dances but one could also try just individual classes. I saw a course of jazz and in my mind, since I have seen the link though my swing club, I thought it would be jazz steps in Lindy hop… Well, when I got to the place I realized that absolutely all the participants were under 16 years old!!! AND the course was real jazz, meaning Broadway –show-type of dance! We actually learn part of a choreography from Crunchy Granola in Fosse. Go to this youtube link and scroll it to minute 2:40 from there one minute… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM_OHTIjR_Q Believe me it was work!!! And I was in so much pain in my body after the class. Still, I feel proud that I could manage a dancing class with 16 year old girls in a dance I had never tried in my life and that they had been dancing for at least two weeks! :-) It was a lot of fun so… yes, I already looked for more classes. I’m going to start a course in September :-))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home