On the other side of the montain...

A nice try to keep you guys updated to the little things happening in my life. Hope to hear from you as well...

Name:
Location: Oslo, Norway

I am an adventurer. I'm happy to travel the world, taste exotic food and meet interesting people

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Weekend in Hvaler :-)

This weekend I decided to join some friends for a ”Hytte tur” meaning a trip to a summer cabin.

This is one of the cabins own by the company, which we can rent for a week at reduced price. It is amazing but one of the most important benefits a company can give a Norwegian is access to these cabins… It is really highly ranked I promise! I remember that the second paragraph on my letter of employment was about these cabins. There are several of them spread around the country. We went to one in Hvaler.

Hvaler are a group of islands close to the Swedish border. The biggest city near Hvaler is Fredrikstan .

Here you have the Wikipedia link if you are interested http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hvaler :-)

The ferry ride didn’t last more than 20 minutes. The company has everything fixed, there is a trolley for our use at the ”harbor” and a boat at our disposition.

The “cabin in itself was more a house than a simple summer cabin. The style inside was a bit old but it was really big place and the loan!! It was huge! Perfect for Lappi and for playing badminton, crocket, whatever really! It was only 5 minutes to the sea going through a path in the forest.

The area is very nice! That nice that the Prime Minister of Norway was staying in the house across “our”. He was jogging pass our house and nicely greeting… that was funny! We were super lucky with the weather! Friday was truly amazing, we had some rain on Saturday but not as bad as “promised” by the pessimistic meteorologists ;-) We were doing a bit of everything but mostly eating!!! We were eating ALL the time!!! We had, Norwegian food, Iranian food, Italian food and Dutch desserts, of course BBQ, chocolates and ice cream… It was really great! I look forward to go back there at some point any volunteers?? :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home